Using OUI to clone RAC db software.

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 13:33:53 +0100

Has anyone successfully used OUI to clone Oracle RAC DB installations to new clusters as per
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/rac.112/e16795/clonerac.htm I'm probably being an idiot but this appears to just not work. All I get is a local clone on the node the script runs from and the installed home thinks its part of a cluster with the original nodes. I have an SR open, but I wondered if anyone had gone down this route. The reason for my investigating this is that we want to deploy the same home image with the same one-off patches across maybe 30 Oracle homes in any given 6 month period. Cloning works beautifully for single instance installations *sigh*
--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

--