Re: physical standby WAIT_FOR_GAP

From: jason arneil <jason.arneil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:34:58 +0000

Hi Li,

Yeah, I'm on ASM myself. It's a bit of fiddle, have the standby at the nomount state and once you've copied the new standby controlfile you've created on the primary, it's a case of doing the restore controlfile to 'ASM location' from 'path to standby controlfile' type command. Obviously, you need to restore it to all your controlfile locations on the standby.

jason.

--
http://jarneil.wordpress.com