Re: PARALLEL QUERY

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 08:13:37 -0000

Looking back through the thread, the only information I have about the query is that it is:

  select /*+ parallel(bt,4) */ from big_table bt;

How many tables are there in your real query, and how many indexes are there available, and are any of the tables partitioned and which columns are declared not null, and how many lines is the serial execution plan that you get.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals