Re: Disk Config With CX6000

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:57:45 +0200

Hi

I came across EMC Metadevices terminology a few months ago, may be Metadevice and Metaluns are the samething.

This is what I have been explained about a Metadevice, I may be wrong.

Basically each 72 disk is sliced into 9 8GB slices, then you create LUNs using those 8GB slices. I am not sure what the advantage this provides but may be it is useful if you dont want to reserve all disks for a single Lun, flexilibity reasons? It's like creating 8GB Disks inside a Disk!

Thanks

--
LSC