RE: Disk Config With CX6000

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:07:23 -0700

I'm not sure about the Metalun term, but I believe some operating systems (e.g. HPUX) have internal restrictions on the I/O throughput per LUN, so you might just want to double check to see if your OS (or any other component in the I/O stack) implements this type of limitation, in which case it would be a good idea to present multiple, smaller LUNs to the OS rather than one big LUN. The best way to know for sure is to test - use dd or something similar to see what is the max IOPS you can get on a single LUN vs. two LUNs on the same disk array.

Regards,
Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of steve montgomerie

should I look at one big RAID 10 set or a couple of smaller ones