Re: disable pk works differently in oracle 9 and oracle 10?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 01:13:17 -0400

On 06/09/2006 12:59:17 AM, Connor McDonald wrote:

> Well, yes Mladen, if you *change* the script, then you do get different
> results....but I'm not sure that's the point the OP was making. Its a
> change in *defa*ult behaviour between v9 and v10, my 10.2.0.2 results below:

As far as the script is concerned, change is good, as PHB has once put it. I doubt that the OP knew about the new defaults or the new possibilities. One of these days, I'll check what happens with compatibility reset to 9.2.0 The new defaults also make me a happy camper. I have already confessed being insufferable reader of manuals and Gene doesn't seem to follow that utterly contemptible practice. I just used the occasion to demonstrate the advantages of my approach.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com