Re: Locally Managed Tablespaces

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:05:32 -0700

I do not overly worry about the number of extents either - at least not as long as I can grasp them with one look without having to divide them into groups of 3. What I do worry about is the rate at which extents get added and if you have transaction tables (as opposed to more static setup or warehouse type tables) you likely have a growth pattern which is correlated to the size (or probably more accurately vice versa). I like to size the uniform extents such that a growing table adds between 1-30 extents per month (anywhere between once a month and once a day, although the latter is already too much for my liking).

I'll have to read that ask tom link.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling