RE: what is the best practice when apply application new release into database?

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:03:21 -0400

We do monthly releases ... There is a agreed release window too. But one week before the release, we test the release scripts on our release databases to make sure that

  1. we don't break anything
  2. anything that gets invalid gets fixed by recompiles

Then we have 'acceptance users', project manager, developers test the application against the release database (which get refreshed daily from production, and release is applied to them).

We don't have downtime for releases, but we have a agreed upon release window.

Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com=20 All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.=20 select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements;=20 QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !