Oracle recovery

From: M.Godlewski <mcgodlewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

Believe it or not the database I'm currently using the DBA is forcing us to use exports as our applications recovery scenario. I'm trying to locate information about archive logging and the tablespace point in time recovery versus full database recovery. I wanted to find some kind of percentages about the number of databases that need full database recovery (ie applying all archive logs) and percentages of databases that only needed TSPIR.

I thinking if I can get some type of failure rate it could help sway him into using archive log mode which would give us better recovery options.

Do you Yahoo!?