Re[4]: http://www.wintercorp.com/vldb/2003_TopTen_Survey/TopT

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:09:36 -0800

Friday, December 12, 2003, 11:49:27 AM, Mladen Gogala (mladen_at_wangtrading.com) wrote: MG> but I find it incredible that market demands gallon sized jars of MG> pickles. What is next? 50 LBS bag of Hershey's kisses?

You have to understand the way of thinking here in the States. Bigger = better. I once had a cousin recommend a Mexican restaurant to me using these terms:

   They make great burritoes. They're really big and they    hang over the sides of the plate.

I don't know about you, but my criteria for good food does not include hanging over the edges of my plate. Generally, I've found that the better the food, the smaller the portion.

We also have super-mumbo-jumbo soft-drinks, and don't even try to go into McDonalds and order a "small" fries. They only have medium, large, and extra-large. I always order a "small fries" anyway, just to be extra ornery<grin>. The responses are sometimes interesting.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@gennick.com

Author: Jonathan Gennick
  INET: jonathan_at_gennick.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 12 2003 - 11:09:36 CST