Re: New to DBA !

From: Thomas Day <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:59:32 -0800

It works if you precede it with

SET ORACLE_SID=yourinstancename

(Windoz uses registry settings, not environmental variables)

and run sqlplus from the command line (not the GUI).

Also, the Oracle owner is the ADMINISTRATOR userid (at least on my boxes).

Of course, your milage may vary.

                      "AK" <oramagic
                      @hotmail.com>            To:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      ml-errors                Subject: Re: New to DBA !

                      10/21/2003 12:34
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to ORACLE-L

why one can't do same on widoz as well ? works well .

-ak

Author: AK
  INET: oramagic_at_hotmail.com

Author: Thomas Day