A question for the hourlies out there...

From: Bellow, Bambi <bbellow_at_chi.navtech.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:09:28 -0800

Friends --

I find it weird that I've been consulting some 25 years and have never run into this situation, and really could use your two cents. Here's the deal. I am supposed to travel for a client. They have me on a plane Sunday, expect me to work M-F onsite *and possibly the weekend*, returning Monday. Now, if I get to the airport at 9AM for a flight at 11AM and arrives at 3PM for a client meeting at 4-6PM, how does that bill? M-F, I bill for hours onsite. If I work Sat/Sun, I bill for hours onsite... but what if I don't? My time isn't my own... I'm at the client's service... I'm not with my family... that's not time off... how does that bill? Monday, I get to the airport at 6AM for a flight at 8AM arriving back at 3PM... does that bill a full day, or just time in the air?

TIA!
Bambi.

Author: Bellow, Bambi
  INET: bbellow_at_chi.navtech.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 30 2003 - 17:09:28 CDT