Re: Solaris /etc/system values for Oracle8i

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:59:43 -0800

I've a customer running a development environment of two OraApps 11.5.8 database instances and one more database instance (for web development under WebLogic), all on a Sun V100.

Yes, that is a rack-mountable Solaris machine of 1U rack height with a maximum configuration of one (1) UltraSPARC-III CPU, 1.0 Gb of RAM, and three 36-Gb HDD. Main storage is a NAS (since the machine doesn't accommodate SCSI or FC adapters).

Foolishly underconfigured, yes. Impossible or difficult, no.

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com