Re: Reality check for filesystem/disk layout

From: zhu chao <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 00:49:43 -0800

Hi,

    Since it seems that your data can be loaded again easily via night batch load, why not consider noarchivelog mode?     SAME is better than your disk partition policy ,I think. You have limited number of disk, seperate your limited number of disks for dedicated redo/archive maybe is not a good idear.     And using outer part of the disk maybe become much more complicated when raid is in use.Do you know the underlying raid policy?     Another possible solution I will consider is put redo on mirrored disk(2 disks) and everything else on raid5. This max the daily read performance and does not affect the nightly loading.Archive log is not relavant to performance of read and loading,unless archive process is unable to catch the speed of redo generation.I won't put valuable disk resource to archivelog.

Zhu Chao.

Author: zhu chao
  INET: chao_ping_at_vip.163.com