RE: Blocking and locking on 3-tier oracle app

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_lifetouch.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:45:02 -0800

Simon

   Just another idea for you, that may or may not be helpful. I haven't worked with Forms, others on this list can provide some ideas. However, I have seen some weird behavior from Micro$oft apps based on VB and ASP. If the database connection is left with mostly defaults, the app will tend to lock entire groups of rows and maybe even tables. You might do some tracing to find the exact SQL that is being inflicted on your database.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com