Re: equivalent for isdate, isnumeric

From: Vladimir Begun <vladimir.begun_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:49:40 -0800

Khedr, Waleed wrote:
> Boolean is A PL/SQL data type won't work in sql.
> Deterministic is nice to have to reduce the number of times this function
> gets called for the same value.

Called from where? :) I think Tanel, Mladen and you missed the ironical point -- if it can't be called from SQL why it is a deterministic one?

It was very simple question asked for fun -- Mladen who said: "Hey, I'll sue you for using my code. My code is fair and balanced and you cannot use it without paying royalties." :) So, he put "deterministic" clause then. :)

P.S.: Tanel, I do not need an example, it was a joke.

--
Vladimir Begun
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Vladimir Begun INET: vladimir.begun_at_oracle.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).