Re: RMAN error while registering the target database

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:54:49 -0800

Are you sure $ORACLE_HOME is properly set in shell executing RMAN? When registering a database in rman, it usually makes a controlfile backup copy under $ORACLE_HOME/dbs or database directory. If it's not set, maybe it tries some default (or old) location who knows...

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee