Re: ** trigger behaviour

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:44:50 -0800

See
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/c18trigs.htm#981

At one time, the firing order of triggers was not predictable.

Not sure when that changed.

A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 09/23/2003 12:09 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        ** trigger behaviour

Hi,
  I have a table which has three triggers :

1) before update - statement
2) after update - on each row
3) after update - statement

I assume the order of execution is 1,2 then 3. Does it do any processing in parallel? Is it safe to assume that after the last line on trigger 2 it will execute the first line on trigger 3? I am seeing some processing after end of trigger 2 and begin of trigger 3 and cannot trace it. Anyone else has any similar experience?
Thanks

Do you Yahoo!?

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 16:44:50 CDT