Re: ** trigger behaviour

From: <brian.mcgraw_at_ipacc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:59:41 -0800

I think you might be referring to this footnote, from the same document:

NOTE: Although triggers of different types are fired in a specific order, triggers of the same type for the same statement are not guaranteed to fire in any specific order. For example, all BEFORE row triggers for a single UPDATE statement may not always fire in the same order. Design your applications so they do not rely on the firing order of multiple triggers of the same type.

Brian

> See
> http://download-
> west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/c18trigs.htm#981
> At one time, the firing order of triggers was not predictable.
>
> Not sure when that changed.
>

> A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
> Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
> 09/23/2003 12:09 AM
> Please respond to ORACLE-L
>

> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-
> L_at_fatcity.com> cc:
> Subject: ** trigger behaviour
>

> Hi,
> I have a table which has three triggers :
> 1) before update - statement
> 2) after update - on each row
> 3) after update - statement
> I assume the order of execution is 1,2 then 3. Does it do any
> processing
> in parallel? Is it safe to assume that after the last line on
> trigger 2 it
> will execute the first line on trigger 3? I am seeing some
> processing
> after end of trigger 2 and begin of trigger 3 and cannot trace it.
> Anyone
> else has any similar experience?
> Thanks
>
> Do you Yahoo!?