RE: Migrating from ONAMES to OID

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:39:42 -0800

Ponnu,

Looks like our resident OiD expert - Rich Jesse - didn't pick this up :) My thoughts are:

Although I wouldn't advice against progress (Onames -> OiD), my question is 'Why fix something that is currently not broken'? Until the whole LDAP space settles down, I would advice waiting. (You still have V7 and that will crimp your style)

John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Disappointment is inevitable, but Discouragement is optional!

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com