Re: Apps 11.5.8 and 9i

From: Ron Thomas <rthomas_at_hypercom.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:54:40 -0800

I doubt it the jinitiator will ever go away for forms. It is Oracle's method of insuring an appropriate JVM on the client machine.

FWIW, Sun's JVM 1.4.2 works out of the box for linux systems. No tweeks in the appsweb.cfg file at all!

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas_at_hypercom.com
Each new user of a new system uncovers a new class of bugs. -- Kernighan

                      tanel.poder.003_at_m
                      ail.ee                   To:       ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      ml-errors_at_fatcity        Subject:  Re: Apps 11.5.8 and 9i
                      .com

                      09/20/2003 03:59
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

Tim,

The Forms&Reports are still there, the main part of Apps will continue using them long time. I've not touched 11.5.9 yet, maybe they've modified new installation config that way it doesn't require jinitiator on Windows platforms anymore, but the java forms you see, are still generated using Oracle Forms (with the exception of SSF, self service framework, which is HTML&jsp) and reports are still run using Oracle Reports.

Tanel.

> Plus, no more jinitiator in 11.5.9! Finally, the removal of
> SQL*Form/Oracle*Forms/Forms is complete...
>

> on 9/19/03 4:24 PM, Ron Thomas at rthomas_at_hypercom.com wrote:
>

> > John,
> >
> > Thanks for the info.
> >
> > You may want to skip 11.5.8 and go to 11.5.9. There are major patches
(the
> > family pack variety) to
> > apply subsequent to 11.5.8
> >
> > Ron Thomas
> > Hypercom, Inc
> > rthomas_at_hypercom.com
> > Each new user of a new system uncovers a new class of bugs. -- Kernighan
> >

> > john.kanagaraj_at_hd
> > s.com To:
ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Author: Tanel Poder