Re: Re: max parallel query

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:14:40 -0800

If different mount point means different disk spindle group or different disk array, then of course, your performance will be improved, but if we talk about the same box, same number of disks just split to two or three, you probably won't get any performance increase. One disk spindle still remains one disk spindle, no matter how you split them.

Tanel.

http://www.fatcity.com

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee