RE: confused about SID and SERVICE_NAME in tnsnames.ora

From: <Avnish.Rastogi_at_providence.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:09:47 -0800

Another thing I would check will be tnsnames.ora. I am using it in 9I and I defined service_name and local_listener init.ora. In the tnsnames.ora I defined SERVICE_NAME not ORACLE_SID. For listenet I am using self service registration.

Author: Gene Gurevich
  INET: gurelei_at_yahoo.com

Author: <Avnish.Rastogi_at_providence.org
  INET: Avnish.Rastogi_at_providence.org