Re: ORA-600 Error [Possible Data Loss]

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:14:48 -0800

Hi!

I'm on thin ice here, but I think KO means some sort of object layer (KOC is Kernel-Object-Cache module as far as I understand), so koxsisz1 has probably something to do with objects as well (thus not caching, x might mean execute or transaction or anything else:). On the other hand, varrays are somewhat related to objects as well, at least in sense that they are data structures, not basic datatypes.

(This one probably won't work, but try to temporarily increase OBJECT_CACHE_MAX_SIZE_PERCENT and OBJECT_CACHE_OPTIMAL_SIZE in your session (put first one to 1000 and second one to 1048576 for example). Maybe there are some specific problems with caching your varray in client side, but as I said I doubt it will help (but it's easy to try out).)

Otherwise, try to isolate those varrays causing you problem. Are all varrays in SEP1603 partition unusable? Only some of them? Only new ones? Are any other partitions affected? One more way would be to take one working record and insert it to new partition. If now the new record gets unusable again, it's possible to take relevant blockdumps for both these records, to see whether theres any difference in low-level data.

For summary, since you had some file IO errors (as shown by DBV), you might have corrupted your data during the move operation. Maybe some disk controller or memory caused this error...

Tanel.

> The error was first discovered when we tried to move a partition. ( alter
table archive_wave_i move partition SEP1103 tablespace CHANARCH_NLC_2003_09_DATA). The table was renamed to OLD_archive_wave_i once it was determined that no new varray data was accessible. My theory is that this is logical corruption of the data dictionary, but I have not worked out the particulars.

> Selecting via an index or FTS does not matter. What type of error do you
believe koxsisz1 to be?

> Ian MacGregor
> Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
> ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.edu

here either. Just a wild guess, try to move this partition to another location and select from it then (although koxsisz1 isn't a data layer error as far as I understand). Try to read using index if available, then using full hint etc..

> Tanel.

CHANARCH_NLC.INT_VALUES

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee