Re: drop tablespace temp INCLUDING CONTENTS hang

From: zhu chao <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:09:36 -0800

Hi,

    I do not know what do you means by saying hangs.Drop a non-temporary temp tablespace does take much time if it was ever used heavily.

    I remember when I came to current company they do not used temporary tablespace on 8172 db. Drop the old temporary tablespace took about 30 minutes.But I waited and it did finish:)

    Allocate extents and deallocate extents via dictionay is protected by a space management enqueue, if this takes rather long time, there maybe some session want to allocate extents fail.

Regards
zhu chao
msn:chao_ping_at_163.com
www.cnoug.org