Re: invalid ROWID

From: ManojKr Jha <jmanoj_at_delhi.tcs.co.in>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:59:51 -0800

OROWID is column of view a based on table b.

With Regards,
Manoj Kumar Jha

A transcendentalist engaged in auspicious activities does not meet with destruction either in this world or in the spiritual world; one who does good,
is never overcome by evil.

                    "Tanel Poder"
                    <tanel.poder.00        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    3_at_mail.ee>             cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     Re:  invalid ROWID
                    ml-errors_at_fatci
                    ty.com

                    09/17/03 09:04
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to ORACLE-L

Is this OROWID a column in your table or is it just a typo?

Tanel.

> Hi All,
>
> I am facing one problem explained below:
> Our application is using a trigger on view a based on some table b.
>
> IF :new.IND = 'Y' THEN
> UPDATE b set
> IND = NVL(RTRIM(:new.DIND),' ')
> WHERE ROWID = :old.OROWID;
> END IF;
> Apllication is trying to update view, nad thus triiger consist above
> statement got fired.
>
> The above statement giving error :
> ORA-01410: invalid ROWID
>
> have any body faced the same problem earlier.
> We are using :
>
> Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
> PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.2.0 - Production
> CORE 9.2.0.2.0 Production
> TNS for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 9.2.0.2.0 - Production
> NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.2.0 - Production
>

> With Regards,
> Manoj Kumar Jha
>

> --------------------
> A transcendentalist engaged in auspicious activities does not meet with
> destruction either in this world or in the spiritual world; one who does
> good,
> is never overcome by evil.
>

> --------------------
>
> DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message is intended only
and
> solely for the addressed individual or entity indicated in this message
and
> for the exclusive use of the said addressed individual or entity
indicated
> in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such
person)
> and may contain legally privileged and confidential information belonging
> to Tata Consultancy Services. It must not be printed, read, copied,
> disclosed, forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by any
> person other than the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying
is
> strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful act and can possibly
> attract legal action, civil and/or criminal. The contents of this message
> need not necessarily reflect or endorse the views of Tata Consultancy
> Services on any subject matter. Any action taken or omitted to be taken
> based on this message is entirely at your risk and neither the originator
> of this message nor Tata Consultancy Services takes any responsibility or
> liability towards the same. Opinions, conclusions and any other
information
> contained in this message that do not relate to the official business of
> Tata Consultancy Services shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed
> by Tata Consultancy Services or any affiliate of Tata Consultancy
Services.

Author: ManojKr Jha
  INET: jmanoj_at_delhi.tcs.co.in