Re: Configuring RMAN

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:49:40 -0800

Hi!

cd'ing to a directory doesn't help in unix unless directory "." in PATH is before /usr/bin or whereever the redhat linux rman is located.

Type which rman in your prompt and you'll see which rman is being used.

You have to run $ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman if you want to get right rman. Or modify your path variable to have $ORACLE_HOME/bin before other linux bin directories (btw, I wouldn't do that, I believe system bin dirs should always be first in path)

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee