RE: Configuring RMAN

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:54:42 -0800

Type "which rman". If the answer is "/usr/X11R6/bin/rman" then you're not dealing
with oracle utility, but the lovely thing described below. There is also a utility called "spam", which serves to prepare spam, spam, egg, bacon and spam.

PolyglotMan(1)                                     PolyglotMan(1)

NAME
       PolyglotMan, rman - reverse compile man pages from format-
       ted form to a number of source formats

SYNOPSIS
       rman [ options ] [ file ]

DESCRIPTION
       PolyglotMan  takes man pages from most of the popular fla-
       vors  of  UNIX and transforms them into any of a number of
       text source formats. PolyglotMan  was  formerly  known  as
       RosettaMan.  The name of the binary is still called rman ,
       for scripts that depend on that name;  mnemonically,  just
       think  "reverse  man".  Previously  PolyglotMan   required
       pages to be formatted by nroff prior  to  its  processing.
       With  version  3.0, it prefers [tn]roff source and usually
       produces results that are better yet. And source  process-
       ing  is  the  only  way to translate tables. Source format
       translation is not as mature as formatted, however, so try
       formatted translation as a backup.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

Note: This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Wang Trading LLC and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity. -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Mladen Gogala INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).