Re: ** package problem

From: Govindan K <gkatteri_at_zuvio.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:59:32 -0800

This one too, i think didn't make to the list. ReSending.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:20:12 , Govindan K <gkatteri_at_zuvio.com> sent:

>Forgot to mention yesterday. I ran into a similar situation two weeks ago. Whenever
>this happens in a SQL*Plus session, just do a "DESCRIBE PACKAGE". You should be able
>to describe successfully , and verify the signature (including datatype) tallies.
>Also,keep track of the session session_roles and session_privs before and after the problem.
>That seems to be getting affected, though it should not be the case.
>
>HTH
>GovindanK
>
>On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:37 , A Joshi ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com> sent:
>
>>Govindan,
>>   Everything was successfully compiled. Even then the problem was happening. Your asktom note was helpful. It clarified a lot of related
>subjects.
>>    We have a package and we declare a lot of application wide variables in the package (not the body). However since this problem can
>happen in case of a emergency fix on the production the idea of 'global package for sundry variables' might have to be discarded. Does
>anyone have a similar 'global package' and is there a way to deal with recompilation of package (not the body).
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Govindan K gkatteri_at_zuvio.com> wrote:
>>Surprising.
>>
>>Take a look at
>>http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f\?p=4950:8:3074025580820147889::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:286816015990,
>>
>>However, it is a totally different story with Application Servers (atleast 4.0.7.1).
>>In case of compiling of procedures (say A), 'B' becomes invalid if it refers to A. However,
>>with PL/SQL it should recompile itself upon being invoked (and it does so, even when called
>>using JDBC). But that is not the case with Oracle 4.0.7.1 PL/SQL cartridges. If i remember
>>correctly you will hit Ora-1001 OR invalid Cursor (don't remember the exact oracle no).
>>
>>In which case just do an 'alter procedure/package recompile;'
>>
>>HTH
>>GovindanK
>>

>>On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:19 , A Joshi sent:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>   I  have a package that has a lot of
>> variables. Used by many procedures triggers etc.
>>>1) I had an existing SQLPLUS connection running applications that use this package.
>>>2) I changed and  compiled the package. It compiled successfully and so did all other dependent PL-SQL.
>>>3) The existing sqlplus connection could not run the applications referencing the package. Error : ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find
>>program unit being called
>>>4) When I create a new session it works fine.
>>>Does anyone know what problem could be? Any ides. Thanks
>>>

>>>Do you Yahoo!?
>>>
>>>Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
>>

>>---- Message sent via Zuvio Mail
>>Get your own FREE email account with SPAM and Antivirus protection!
>>Do you Yahoo!?

> [...]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Sep 14 2003 - 02:59:32 CDT