RE: Oracle Masters exam

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:49:26 -0800

Well, I've had the luxury of not only not paying for any of the certification, but actually being paid to DO the certification:

7.3 - original certification as an Oracle instructor paid for by Oracle 8.0 - paid for by the now defunct Coriolis Group so I could review their exam crams for them
8.1 - paid for by Coriolis so I could write an exam cram for them 9i - paid for by Coriolis so I could write an exam cram for them, but the company went south before the book was completed.

Wonder who's going to pay me for 10g certification? :)

Seriously, the Masters is (to me anyway) well worth it. It's something that really does test you know how to manage a database. You need deep hands on experience before you can even look at it. I was in the first beta test of the exam (an internal test), where we had 19 of the best Oracle people I have ever met doing the exam (ones that I would rank up with some of the Oak Table guys without any qualms), and we all found the two days very tough.

Pete

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA.

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Pete Sharman
  INET: peter.sharman_at_oracle.com

Note:
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Wang Trading LLC and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com

Author: Pete Sharman
  INET: peter.sharman_at_oracle.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Sep 04 2003 - 13:49:26 CDT