RE: c based external procedures vs. Java Stored Procedures

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 07:24:59 -0800

Anything stored is always easier to configure then anything external. It shouldn't be
easier to use, though. And you should judge where dies it make sense. For reading a
simple file 100000 times a day (document scanning application at my previous company),
a properly written C program (using fork, readv and writev, without fscanf and fprintf
bells and whistles) will outperform almost anything else. For taking to other applications,
network communication and alike, Java is not significantly slower and is much easier to
program. If you want a simple database script, PL/SQL is by far the best solution.
And if your goal is to make me like you, use perl.

--

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net

Note:
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Wang Trading LLC and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Sep 04 2003 - 10:24:59 CDT