Re: alter system reset

From: Arup Nanda <orarup_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 06:59:43 -0800

ALTER SYSTEM RESET applies to RACs only and you need to give the SID parameter. When you said "I find that shared_pool_size exists there", did it exist as the follwoing?

*.shared_pool_size=...

I bet it did. Note how you used the SID in setting the value

alter system set shared_pool_size=40M scope=spfile sid='lahiri' ;

This properly set the value for the SID lahiri, not globally. That is why the RESET operation was successful after the SET operation. The same is true for any other parameters that is reset.

HTH. Arup Nanda

> Yes , opened up spfile in a text editor and undo_suppress_errors exists.
But

Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: orarup_at_hotmail.com