RE: Re: "Application DBA"

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:49:25 -0800

William, I did my OCP because of the same reason. My student was given preference by one recruiter who did OCP and my resume kept on a side because I was not OCP. My 10 years experience in 1998 was not counted agianst 1 year experience + OCP of my student.

Yes, this happened in USA. Now a days I got a short term assignment because I am OCP 9i and US Citizen(because client is defence contractor).

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:59:27 -0800

rgaffuri_at_cox.net scribbled on the wall in glitter crayon:

> more and more employers are requiring OCPs and 'related degrees' such
> as computer science or a masters degree. At least in the US they are.
> How are things in other parts of the world?

that they are and experience doesn't seem to count either. i was refused interviews for a number of jobs because i have neither a degree or an OCP. and while interviewed for others, they hired someone with a degree [in one case a degree in history] and no experience. i even had one place come back to me a couple of months after not hiring me, asking if i would work for them as a contractor to clean up the mess the person they did hire made. i had just taken this contract at the time so i graciously refused.;-)

--
Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA      BAARF Party member #25
                 william.thater_at_carrier.utc.com
Author: Thater, William
   INET: William.Thater_at_carrier.utc.com

http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es