RE: Permissions error

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:39:26 -0800

Was 'root.sh' run successfully? This should set the SUID/GID (set-UID and GID) on the 'oracle' executable...

$ ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle

-rwxr-x--x 1 oracle dba 33734776 Jul 9 13:19 /u01/c4prdb/8.1.7/bin/oracle

If this is what you see (i.e. rwxr-x---x), then login as 'oracle' and add the SUID bit using the command

$ chmod ug+s oracle

You should see that the permission changes to 'rws-r-s--x'. You may also have to restart the instances after this change... (not sure about DEC ALPHA).   John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com