RE: OT- PERL book recommendations needed

From: Steve McClure <steve_at_pactr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:31:08 -0800

One of the best PERL books I have come across is, 'PERL 5 How-To'. There were several authors involved and I cannot remember their names. It is a Waite Group book. It really meets your first requirement, and there are sections that hit on your number two requirement.

Another thing I have that is immanently useful is a complete printing of all the perldoc man pages. A brilliant former coworker, and current Oracle list operator, went through the trouble of printing one of these out, allowing me to have it copied and bound. That is probably the best Oracle resource I have, but it is a bit more terse than the Waite Group book.

The above two resources, and the O'Reilly quick reference are the PERL resources I use most often.

Steve McClure
P.S. if you are connecting to Oracle via PERL, the Perl DBI book is also a must.
Author: Steve Orr
  INET: sorr_at_arzoo.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 15:31:08 CST