Oracle on NT over IPX

From: Carlos Magno <cmagno_at_trueaccess.com.br>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:11:17 -0300

Hi,

 I have an enviroment with one Oracle Server version 8.1.6 on a NT Server (version 4.0 and SP 6a) using the protocol IPX, I configured the listener locally to connect via IPX and it worked fine, so I tried to connect to the Oracle via ODBC on other NT machine over the protocol IPX, but the machine does not connect to the database (I could map a directory from the NT machine, so the protocol is working fine). I = tried
to use the command tsnping but it doesn=B4t work, it stay "Attemptin to connect...", with no answer. I instaled SAP Agent and the Gateway Services for Netware, but nothing changed, Does anybody have experience with this installation and configuration just using IPX and NT (I = don=B4t
have any Novell server on my enviroment) ?

Regards, Received on Thu Aug 31 2000 - 13:11:17 CDT