RE: NON ORACLE SUBJECT - Skiing USA/Canada

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:27:58 -0700

Walt,

N. Cal.: Ski Bald Mountain above Oroville (free). Use *very* tough ski wax and wear a good helmet, and lots of pads. :)

The problem with Tahoe is that the traffic on I80 or State 50 has gotten incredibly bad, especially weekends, mostly because of all the bay area morons. A cool place for hard core mountaineers: http://www.alpineskills.com (Old Donner Summit, next to Sugar Bowl)

In Utah (sorry to locals for mentioning it since it is supposed to be sort of a well kept secret), I heard the best "funk" place is Alta. At least a couple of years ago, people were saying Alta still had some *antique* lifts, runs that blend in with nature instead of wiping it out, completely non-corporate and "family" oriented. A very cool telemark/backcountry venue due to the intimate feel of the scenery and the "alternate" ambience. http://www.altaskiarea.com/images/7.jpg

regards,
ep

Date sent:      	Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:34:06 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
Send reply to:  	ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
From:           	"Weaver, Walt" <wweaver_at_rightnowtech.com>
Subject:        	RE: NON ORACLE SUBJECT - Skiing USA/Canada