AUDITing

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 06:54:17 -0700

On a V7.3.4 Oracle instance what would a query look like to generate a report that shows what "AUDIT" statements or object are currently enabled?

Another way of asking the same thing is assume that one has an existing instance and over its life numerous AUDIT commands have been issued against it. Now also assume that you desired to impose the current auditing onto a similar but different instance. I'm looking for a way to automate the (re)generation of the actual AUDIT commands & a way to procedurally compare the two DBs periodically to ensure that the AUDITs between the two remain in synch.

I just can't seem to find where the AUDIT information is stored within Oracle. Of course I just may need more coffee. It appears to me that the DBA_AUDIT_* views & the USER_AUDIT_* views are views that look into the AUD$ table where records resulting from actual audit events get recorded. I don't think that these tables contain the data I desire because auditing for certain user, or statement could be enabled but has not been reported because no event occurred to result in an audit record.

TIA!

--
Charlie Mengler          Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com         10641 Scripps Summit Ct