Re: OCP - 8 or 8i? Self Test Software?

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 08:44:59 -0400

Isn't that the way it always is?? You are sutding for one version of an = exam and using the database to insure you understand and they upgrade the = version of the database and you are back to square one.=20

  We have Ver7.3.4 running and I used the development database to apply =
the theory I was studing. It worked out great and I passed the OCP this =
weekend. Now I have to study up on the ver 8.0 so we can upgrade in the =
near future and then work towards the ver 8i which we should install in =
the next year. We are limited to the version upgrade that we can perform = and the order they are implemented because of the Novell OS level we are = on and the network personell's ability to upgrade the OS. It works for me. Good luck in your exams and I hope you make it on the first try. Ron Rogers
DBA OCP
Atl.ga

>>> cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca 07/31/00 07:48PM >>>
Two questions:

  1. I've been studying for the Oracle 8 Database Administration Exam. = However, we've just installed 8i. Do I have a good chance of passing the = 8i Architecture and Administration exam without having specifically = studied 8i capabilities? I haven't done any of the OCP exams yet.
  2. Is the Self Test Software practice exam a reasonable facsimile of the = real exam? I'm doing pretty well on it, and would like to know if that = means I'm almost ready! :-)

Thanks! And, please, let's not start another discussion on the validity = of the OCP. I have to do it - it's in my job objectives for this year. = Besides, I need the knowledge.

Author: Kristen Cameron
  INET: cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca=20