Re: off-topic Contractor questions

From: <sean.hull_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:18:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, charles peterson wrote:

> It has been implied that the position may ultimately mature into a full time
> gig. If true it may be essentially an audition. If not then I imagine they just

Charles:

This may be a controversial thing to say, but I'm curious how exactly a consulting position "matures" into a full-time position. In my experience it works the other way around, that is full-time positions "mature" into consulting positions, with that company, or others.

> Job looks like it could be fun and the people I've met seem to be solid folks,
> but I am not sure what I should be asking for or expecting.

Depends on the market where you live. talk to some recruiting/consulting firms, and markup the quote they say they can pay you by 30-50%, or possibly as much as 100%, to arrive at some type of market value for your skills. It really depends on demand.

And as always, there's no such thing as job security, except your skills, and your demand. Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 13:18:22 CDT