off-topic Contractor questions

From: charles peterson <cpeterson26_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 17:55:15 -0400

After years as a full time employee, my company folded. My search has lead to a possible opportunity for a contracting position. Contracting is unknown territory for me. I'm looking for any ideas the list might provide as to typical conditions and terms, things to look out for, things to insist on, implications that are associated with contractor status imply (tax, no benefits, etc.). This is on the east coast, USA

It has been implied that the position may ultimately mature into a full time gig. If true it may be essentially an audition. If not then I imagine they just want to gain short term work product (they have real problems to solve) and then release me once they feel they are under control.

Job looks like it could be fun and the people I've met seem to be solid folks, but I am not sure what I should be asking for or expecting.

Any help, comments or thoughts would be most welcome Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 16:55:15 CDT