Re: Objects in the temp tablespaces in 9i

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:31:36 -0700

dba_222_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hmm. This is a interesting concept.
>
> Daniel Morgan would suggest that Oracle objects are found
> in a different places, depending on what business issue I want to do.
>

> So if it's OLTP, the temp objects would be found with one method,
> but differently, if it was a DWH. Please stand up and say that
> at the next Oracle user group meeting.
>
> Back to original question.
>
> How do we find the objects, and their size in the TEMP tablespace in
> 9i?
> Or, is it no longer possible?
>
> If anyone knows, please tell us the secret.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>

>> <WITH APOLOGIES>
>> I can't tell you why but I am suffering from an irresistible urge
>> to ask if you have any real work to do so I will.
>>
>> What is the business issue you are addressing?
>> </WITH APOLOGIES>
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> University of Washington
>> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>> (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
>> www.psoug.org

  1. Do not top post.
  2. I not only didn't intend to suggest what you state but it would take torturing the language beyond what is allowed by the Geneva Convention to do so. ;-)

What I was trying to figure out was why you care? Which is why I asked what the business issue was.

If you are looking for the amount of TEMP space utilized by a SQL statement ... Explain Plan (with DBMS_XPLAN) will do it. I have an example of how to do this in Morgan's Library (www.psoug.org) under Explain Plan.