Re: Oracle RAC Installation

From: joe d <debuzna_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2006 13:54:05 -0700

Although 10g RAC on Windows is one of the few I've not yet configured, personal experience and others I've spoken with have met with little long-term success running any version of RAC on Windows in a production environments. Even Linux (RedHat 2.1 for sure) has been a little hokey. For best results go with Unix brands and clustering technologies from well known vendors. If cost is driving your Windows decision then give a recent Linux version a shot. But RAC + Windows could very well equal a lot of frustration and lost time. Replies with Win/RAC success please feel free to share.

Gook luck,
-joe