Re: Web site using oracle

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 04:49:57 GMT

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:47:07 -0700, Jagjeet Singh wrote:

> Hello Respected DBAs,
>
> I want to create my site which will be having oracle information +
> + my personal page + oracle related forums. But I do not know
> from where I should start or to read documentation.
>
> I just search on some sites got lot of ideas ... like to use
>
> mod_plsql or HTML DB or PSP ..
>
> I do not know about these technologies that for what purpose they
> are there.
>
> As I told about my requirements.. Please suggest from where I
> should start/read documentation.
>
> I want to use database for storing maximum stuff like asktom but
> with some modren look like Howard J Roger's site.
>
> Regards,
> Js

There is a number of fairly good tutorials about the APEX (Application Express, the artist formerly known as HTMLDB) and there is also a very good book by Michael Cunningham and Kent Crotty about HTMLDB (Rampant Press). There is also an Oracle Press book about HTMLDB, but I haven't yet laid my hands on it, so I don't know anything about it. APEX is a tool which helps you do easy things the easy way. I also figured out the way to link the latest version of PHP5 into the htlmdb web server and use the two technologies simultaneously. Unfortunately, there is no mixing them. I didn't yet find the way to access HTMLDB entities from PHP5.

--
http://www.mgogala.com