Re: Oracle RAC for scalability or High Availability only

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:00:49 -0800

JEDIDIAH wrote:

> I'm not talking about the memory or cpu overhed of crs.
> I'm talking about the fact that you need to deal with cluster
> technology and hardware.

What on earth are you talking about? What cluster technology? What hardware? The hardware on which one builds RAC clusters is the exact same hardware on which one runs any Oracle database. Is there a point here you are trying to make that I am missing?

  A NUMA machine can be treated like a fat
> desktop for the most part when compared to raw/ocfs/cfs/vxfs, crs
> and multiple nodes across a san fabric interacting with each other.

And a NUMA machine relates to RAC in what way?

I really have the sense that you really don't know what RAC is. Not even the basic concepts and architecture.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org