Oracle Programs like SQL*Plus not accessible under Win Xp Prof.

From: jackal <jackal_on_work_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2006 02:29:47 -0800

Hi Faculties,

  Sorry if i m posting this in the wrong group. Please bear.

  I ve installed Oracle9i on my Windows XP Prof using an Administrator login. There are some other logins : user1 and user2 on the same system

who are already added to the Power Users group.  Now when these users try to access Oracle Progams like SQL*Plus the program doesnt show up. Also when they try to access the Oracle Files, which are placed at D:\Oracle folder, they get 'Accessed Denied' message.

  Following the instructions from some previous posts, i did some changes like disable Simple File Sharing and setting folder permissions

for these users. But none of these seems to work.

Please suggest!

Thanks in advance
Jackal Received on Tue Mar 07 2006 - 04:29:47 CST