Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » calling SQL Loader Program through apps (Oracle Apps,11.5.10)
calling SQL Loader Program through apps [message #303118] Thu, 28 February 2008 00:59 Go to next message
raju_kamarapu
Please Help me

Can We upload The Data From Local Directory(i,e C:/) Through concurrent Program (sqlloader).
Re: calling SQL Loader Program through apps [message #303216 is a reply to message #303118] Thu, 28 February 2008 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krishna_dev
Yes you can upload the data that is on the local directory. You can do it in one of 2 ways.

You can specify the actual directory path within a parameter p_directory when you register the concurrent program in apps.
The default value of p_directory will be 'c:\myfolder'
OR

Within your control file you can specify the directory path like:
LOAD DATA
INFILE 'c:\myfolder\file_to_load.txt'

Hope this helps.

Re: calling SQL Loader Program through apps [message #303786 is a reply to message #303216] Sun, 02 March 2008 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raju_kamarapu
HI Thanks ,

I have tried That , but its not working, And I am trying to upload the data using external table concept. So, can i upload the data to data base from loacl system using external table concept, please help me.

Thanks in advance
Re: calling SQL Loader Program through apps [message #303799 is a reply to message #303786] Sun, 02 March 2008 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kkinapps

Hi Raju,

If you are running the sql loader program by registering it in apps, the data file need to be on apps server itself. You cannot load the file on your local system into database using apps concuurent program.

Regards
KK
Re: calling SQL Loader Program through apps [message #305563 is a reply to message #303786] Tue, 11 March 2008 05:09 Go to previous message
shakti_goyal

Hi,

if u want to use sql*loader program in oracle apps then

1) first of all u have to create a directory on application
server with proper read and write access.
2) then u have to send your .csv or .prn file at this proper
directory using FTP.
3) now write control file and register this ctl file in apps
as a sql*loader control file ..
4) and transfer this ctl file in to appropriate top like
po_top,ap_top ..

Shakti Goyal
Previous Topic: Alert for Responsibility
Next Topic: Restrict last_updated_by and last_update_date through custom pll
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 23:49:26 CDT 2024