Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Miscellaneous issue form customization
Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #300855] Mon, 18 February 2008 05:40 Go to next message
Abeer30
Hello,

The form mentioned above is INVTTMTX with Form Version : 11.5.239.
the user is requesting the following customizations to the form:

-Use the Reference field to hold a list of values of names that currently have no reference in the system.
-Add a descriptive flexfield to the form; should hold a seial number for the miscelaneous transactions that should be generated automatically.

I need guidance because I don't know how to the above and what tools shall i use. Detailed instructions and an action plan will be very helpful.

Thank you...
Re: Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #302154 is a reply to message #300855] Sun, 24 February 2008 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abeer30
hello,

Can someone please guide me on:

how can i decide which table to use, to register the DFF?
how am i going to create a structure column in the table?
How am i going to enable the DFF in the form without opening a .fmb file from the form builder?
Even better to show me where can i find the .fmb files of oracle applications.

Details will be appreciated.

Thank you...

[Updated on: Sun, 24 February 2008 03:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #302162 is a reply to message #302154] Sun, 24 February 2008 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Abeer,

Adding descriptive flexfields is done through configuration. Flexfields and value sets are described in detail in the Oracle Applications Flexfields Guide which is available from OTN.

The .fmb files can be found in the $AU_TOP/forms directory. For more information on how files are organised you should take a look at the Oracle Applications Concepts manual.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #302163 is a reply to message #302162] Sun, 24 February 2008 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abeer30
Aleksander,

I do have the document but I really need more elaboration as this is my first time create a DFF from scratch.

correct please if I am wrong: Do I have to check the path "$TOP/inv/11.5.0/forms/US" for example?

If so all the form files are .fmx how can i open any form with the forms builder and which version is recommended?

Thank you ...
Re: Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #302173 is a reply to message #302163] Sun, 24 February 2008 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Abeer,

I am not quite sure what you are trying to achieve. Is it adding DFF-functionality in a standard form without it? Or is it just configuring a descriptive flexfield?

As to the .fmb files they are on the AU Top, not on the individual product tops.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #302220 is a reply to message #302173] Sun, 24 February 2008 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abeer30
Thank you. I can now find the .fmb.

To clarify: what i really need is to create a DFF from Scrtach.
Re: Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #302266 is a reply to message #302220] Mon, 25 February 2008 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Abeer,

Very well, if you want to implement a flexfield, that is modify a form or creating a new form with flexfield functionality and not only using a descriptive flexfield provided by Oracle in the standard form, you should take a look at Chapter 14 Flexfields in the Oracle Applications Developer's Guide.

Just remember that such a customisation is an intrusive modification and that you will loose support over the form in question.

--
Aleksander Dragnes

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 01:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #302272 is a reply to message #302266] Mon, 25 February 2008 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abeer30
Just to clarify again I need to create a DFF flexfield that can hold LOV of distributers' Names. Plus modify the reference column to hold a serial number of the misc issue transaction.

More guidance on the specific DFF setup steps would be appreciated.

Would implementing the above cost us the oracle support for the INVTTMTX form?

Thank you for your support...
Re: Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #302309 is a reply to message #302272] Mon, 25 February 2008 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ggr88
If you modify the form you will loose support and need to re-implement changes after upgrades.

I don't see why you can't just use a couple of DFF fields?

Gareth
Re: Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #302329 is a reply to message #302309] Mon, 25 February 2008 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abeer30
Gareth,

I have never used a DFF before. Only updated existing Key flexfields.

Can you please guide me briefly on the structure column of a DFF ,registering a DFF and enabling it in a form..

Thank you...
Re: Miscellaneous issue form customization [message #302366 is a reply to message #302329] Mon, 25 February 2008 06:19 Go to previous message
adragnes
Abeer,

Take a look at Chapter 3 Planning and Dening Descriptive Flexfields in the Oracle Applications Flexfields Guide.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: KEY FLEXFIELDS IN ORACLE SPARES MANAGEMENT....
Next Topic: Passing Parameter to OA page from a seeded form using form personalisation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 05:23:33 CDT 2024