Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Updating balance for elements in HR
Updating balance for elements in HR [message #300058] Thu, 14 February 2008 02:21
daibatzu
Hello, there's this problem I've had with the HR module. I'm looking for a cleaner way to update an employees balance for an element. Lets say someone takes a loan of $1000 and is supposed to pay back $50 a month. If he has paid for $50 for 3 months he should now owe $850. But what if I wanted to update the balance he owes. Maybe he takes another loan and I want to increase the balance to $1500 from the $850 he currently owes.

I managed to solve this problem from the backend.

My Process
============
First find the current balance for the employee using Process Management window
Then, find the defining_balance_id and assignment_id for the current employee

Then run this query interchanging values for the defined_balance_id and assignment_id

select * from pay_assignment_latest_balances where defined_balance_id = 8083 and assignment_id = 171

Then update to the new value

update pay_assignment_latest_balances set value = 365200 where defined_balance_id = 8083 and assignment_id = 171

So this works, but I was wondering if there was a cleaner way to achieve this without having to go to the backend. Can I update a balance without having to use SQL? Is there a form in Oracle HR which will allow me to do this?

Previous Topic: Auto restart services at specified time
Next Topic: Need Urgent help in folder functionality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 05:06:07 CDT 2024