Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » HR changing salary entries
HR changing salary entries [message #294617] Fri, 18 January 2008 03:55 Go to next message
daibatzu
Hello. There's a challenge I am facing at the moment. Basically for each employee in Oracle, you can view the Salary Entries which is made up of elements like Basic Salary, Housing Allowance, Furniture Allowance e.t.c.

Now I've been given an excel (csv) file which contains new elements to be added to each persons salary entry.

The excel format is of the form:

employee_number, basic salary, housing_allowance_adjustment, furniture_allowance_adjustment

So basically, say there's an employee with employee number 1004. The row in the excel sheet for him could be:

1004, 2,500, 600, 400 (in CSV)

Now, as you can imagine there will be multiple rows for this. The first thing to do is to add the element (e.g Housing Allowance Adjustment) and then to change the entry value for the element. My question is, what is the best way to do this programmatically. Is dataloader a good option or is there a database table which contains salary entries that I can update automatically through a PL/SQL concurrent program?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Re: HR changing salary entries [message #294782 is a reply to message #294617] Sat, 19 January 2008 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gynanda
Hi,

I think dataloader is the best option.

Thanks,
Nanda
Re: HR changing salary entries [message #295154 is a reply to message #294617] Mon, 21 January 2008 08:31 Go to previous message
daibatzu
Thanks Nanda. I'm using dataloader and it's working great.
Previous Topic: Printing Problem With Check Leaf
Next Topic: Elements in fast formulas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 23:45:22 CDT 2024